View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Remove Post
"High Quality" is still too fast!
by Adam Witting

I am fairly new to the whole 3D printing game, I had a Thing-O-Matic many many years ago, and recently decided I wanted to get back into it. At first I purchased a Da Vinci 3D printer (bad mistake) and after them bricking my filament, I returned it and got a Robo3d R1 +Plus.

The problem I am running into is the "High Quality" print speed is still too fast! The shell started out at a great speed, much slower than "Medium Quality" setting. But when the printer started printing the center eye from the destiny ghost below. It blew through the whole print, streaking a pile of garbage... Does anyone know if I have to change infill speed/print speed/something else? As I mentioned before, the outline came out perfectly and was moving slowly with control, but when it got to the center it took a crap. Dimensions are 15-20mm in Diameter.

Thingiverse (Destiny Ghost Fully Detailed Model, LED Illuminated, Fully printable without supports!)
(eye small.stl)

Adam Witting - October 20th, 2015 at 7:40a.m.

You can get more options by turning on Advanced Settings (this menu is right under the Material on the Settings page). From there, you can go to General > Speed, where you can set the speeds for all different parts of your print.

tanderson - October 20th, 2015 at 11:55a.m.