View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Remove Post
Calibration issue and extrude head freezes on the side after tripping the probe
by Joe Buzzitta

Well I finally got the pro built - lots of redo with limited instructions.

I turn on the Kossel Pro and the extrude head comes down and touches the plate in several places. Then it moves off the plate and trips the touch guide and freezes - on the matter android phone app it says the extruder heat is 650 degrees to 8oo degrees - but is cold. The glass plate is cold.

We hit the Y+ Y- buttons on the app and nothing happens - my son hears a whine coming from the machine. We hit the release button and the whine stops but still no movement on the extrude head.

We have double checked wires and even putting in several c codes we cannot get the extrude head to come down. We click on the home button - it rises to the top - does a little jig as it touches each button and then stops.

Any suggestions?

Joe Buzzitta - September 1st, 2015 at 8:51a.m.

We'll gladly help you troubleshoot, but this would be much better to start as a support ticket/email.

If you can open up the terminal in mattercontrol (Options > Show Terminal), and then export the log, that would give us a lot of information.

If you could copy/paste this post, and attach your terminal log, I'm sure we can help resolve the issues.

support@matterhackers.com

cope413 [Moderator] - September 1st, 2015 at 9:59a.m.

Joe Buzzitta said: ↑
I pulled the therminstate and put a meter on just the ends - the old one and the brand new one both show 15.ohms (No where near the 100k ohms) The ohm meter is set on the lowest setting which is 200
That's wrong....set it to a value > 100kO. Most of the multimeters have 200kO. Then measure again!
grainiac, Yesterday at 9:26 PM #5
Jake Buzzitta
Jake Buzzitta
Hi Grainiac,

Thank you for responding, the value is set to the minimum in order to get a reading, if I set it to 2k or 20k it reads in the .1 or .01 range it is literally 15 ohms, not 15k.
Jake Buzzitta, Yesterday at 9:38 PM #6
grainiac
grainiac
If you can rule out false measurement I'd say both of your resistors are fried. :(

How do I order two more thermastates?????

Guest - September 7th, 2015 at 8:04p.m.

It sounds like you're measuring the heater cartridge, not the thermistors. The cartridges should be right around 15ohm for the 24v 40w cartridges.

cope413 [Moderator] - September 9th, 2015 at 3:25p.m.