View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Auto-level and exporting g-code to SD card
by >rxhenn

Hi guys I just have one question about how mattercontrol exports it's g-code to an SD card when you have auto-level enabled - does the code it export send out the z-axis adjustments to compensate for an unlevel board? My board is fairly level and when I print i notice the z-axis does move just slightly when the extruder is moving from one side of the print bed to the other. When I tried printing off of code exported from mattercontrol to an SD card I didn't notice any movement from the z-axis motor although the print still turned out good. Just thinking if it doesn't apply the auto-level compensation to the g-code it exports, perhaps for a future update you guys can add that in. Thanks for creating an already amazing program, keep up the great work.

rxhenn - December 14th, 2013 at 7:39p.m.

@rxhenn

Thanks for the kind words :). We don't currently output the print leveling into the exported gcode but it is on the road map. Hopefully it should be in a build very soon.

LarsBrubaker [Moderator] - December 16th, 2013 at 6:09p.m.