View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
matter control touch, cannot connect to MC desktop, and also can not send file to it with wifi
by >palmosc

I enabled cloud on both MC touch and desktop, signed in with same account, picked my correct printer on touch etc.
I checked my status and I can see printer, but says offline, same when trying to send file to it.
Both are connected to same wifi network in home.
any idea?
Jim

palmosc - February 8th, 2015 at 7:11p.m.

So for Touch connected printer you are seeing the profile show up in the list of printers to send to, but only as offline? You may want to try disabling and then re-enabling cloud monitoring. If the status is good it should show up on the sync page as any status but 'offline' (even 'disconnected' is okay to send to).

kevin.pope [Moderator] - February 9th, 2015 at 2:45p.m.

no I set up and can print from the MC Touch on Robo 3D R1.
If I enable cloud on that Touch, and check status it says offline, and I am signed in with my MC login
Then try to connect on desktop MC, newest update, and same thing, but what should be set up as the printer there, am I just making a profile to match or am I trying to connect via wifi to the touch??
Jim

Jim - February 9th, 2015 at 3:58p.m.

OK, got both the cloud and send feature working from MC Desktop to touch.
Reconnected wifi, loged out, then in
and it started working.
Jim

palmosc - February 9th, 2015 at 4:30p.m.

In case it helps anyone else, when you turn off MC touch and turn it back on, it says you are still signed in,
But you are not able to see cloud monitoring or send file wirelessly.
You do need to sign out, then back in to use those functions.

Jim - February 10th, 2015 at 5:49a.m.

@Jim thanks for testing and clarifying this - we'll get it fixed in the update.

kevin.pope [Moderator] - February 10th, 2015 at 11:25a.m.