View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Remove Post
z is not working
by Guest

Hit Z end stop mean? Airwolf HD

Guest - June 14th, 2014 at 10:13a.m.

Hey there! Not quite sure what you're asking here, do you mind clarifying a bit? Thanks!

GriffinKahnke - June 14th, 2014 at 11:40a.m.

The heat bed is not going up or down. Everything works, expect the z
Viki LCD screen show it "z end stops"

Guest - June 14th, 2014 at 11:50a.m.

endstops hit: Z it what is shows on Vicki LCD

Guest - June 14th, 2014 at 12:03p.m.

So, after looking into this, it sounds like a security precaution in Marlin firmware that requires you to home all of the axes before you can move the Z up and down. Try giving that a shot, and let me know how it works for you.

GriffinKahnke - June 16th, 2014 at 5:52p.m.

How that work? I did home the axes on the Vicki LCD screen, but the z won't go up or down. It seem stuck.

Guest - June 17th, 2014 at 2:53p.m.

So just to clarify, you tried homing the Z axis and there was no response?

GriffinKahnke - June 17th, 2014 at 2:56p.m.

Yes, I did and no response at all.
I am new at this. How can I make z go up or down?
Why is this hard? I thought 3d print was easy, trying to find the problems and looking everywhere on the internet how to fix it.
It hard to fix.

Guest - June 17th, 2014 at 3:30p.m.

Can you tell me what build number you're using? You can find it under the About section of MatterControl near the bottom. Also, are you able to move any of the other axes, or are they all frozen?

GriffinKahnke - June 17th, 2014 at 3:49p.m.

AW3D HD Airwolf is that number?

Guest - June 17th, 2014 at 8:38p.m.

I'm actually specifically looking for the build number for MatterControl. You can find it under the About section near the bottom. Also, any luck with the other axes? Thanks!

GriffinKahnke - June 18th, 2014 at 2:52p.m.

I have gotten some issues relating to that. I will select to start heating the hotend and it will just idle no response at all the same thing when trying to raise the hotend, no response. i have to restart the app for it to work.

pixeldesire - June 28th, 2014 at 8:09a.m.

Do you mind letting me know what kind of printer you have, and which version of MatterControl you're using? That would be really helpful, thanks!

GriffinKahnke - June 30th, 2014 at 4:31p.m.