View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
MC Touch stops printing
by >palmosc

I am using MC Touch on a Robo 3D R1 , had it a few weeks and love it so far.
However all of a sudden I can not complete a print. Its a 3+ hour print, and has completed once, but now it stops at random spots. Once I found that MC Touch had crashed, and 2 other times it stops at a random spot and keeps the heat on bed and extruder, but the screen goes back to "Print, skip , or remove"
Any idea?
Thanks

palmosc - March 4th, 2015 at 7:43a.m.

@palmosc, thanks for getting in touch. I have two suggestions.

The first is just to make sure you know how to restart MatterControl. In the bottom menu the two boxes lets you navigate to the running applications. When there, if you swipe up on any app it will close it. This is a good way to make sure you are starting a fresh copy of an app and lets you restart MatterControl if needed.

The second would be to look at the gcode and see if it is consistent with your results. Can you see if all the layers are there in the preview? Can you send the file to me at support@matterhackers.com. I would love to try and reproduce your results and see if we can either advise you on what might be wrong or even better fix some underlying problem.

Thanks in advance.

LarsBrubaker [Moderator] - March 5th, 2015 at 10:36a.m.

Thanks for the reply.
The info on closing and restarting MC is helpful.
I really think its in the code, I ran it through netfabb and printed it again and it completed.
I can see all the layers on preview, I sent the file to you, let me know what you find, it is the file that was NOT run through netfabb.
Thanks Again
Jim

palmosc - March 5th, 2015 at 4:51p.m.

I do see some errors in the file but nothing that would make it stop printing. I have put it on a touch and am printing it. Thanks for the feedback, we are always working on stability and performance improvements and this really helps.

LarsBrubaker [Moderator] - March 6th, 2015 at 2:31p.m.

Size issue like we discussed in the other Matter Control touch stops printing thread? Just a thought...

ChadroG - April 6th, 2015 at 9:05a.m.

Yes, I think that may be the problem we are having here. We're working on the fix.

LarsBrubaker [Moderator] - April 6th, 2015 at 9:08p.m.